Saturday, April 28, 2012

Delicious Tofu Salad Sandwich.



OK… Im trying not to eat as much tofu..because the first time I tasted it. I ate it everyday for two weeks. So I am cutting down..but i decided to chop up my lettuce one day in the food processor threw in a few other ingredients and I’m obsessed with this. Its delicious for lunch. 17g protein too! The bread has 5 and tofu 15. =]
This is really easy so I make it about 4 times a week. YUM.
You need::
1/4 package nasoya extra firm tofu (I tested firm tofu and silken was a mess..the texture      
                                                          is not right.)
5 Romaine Lettuce leaves.
1 tsp olive oil
2 basil leaves.
salt and pepper to taste.
1 whole grain round (mine are from costco Kirkland signature.) you can use ANY bread you want.
a food processor/blender.
Just mix everything in the food processor until it because very small chunks. like egg salad texture but less creamy. Spread on the bread and enjoy. With a side of vegetables, a fruit, or whatever else you would like!

No comments:

Post a Comment